What Are The Consequences Of Not Addressing Slab Leaks On Time?
Sometimes being a homeowner in San Diego, you are stuck with different problems, and plumbing is one of them. It sounds easy to detect and recover the plumbing system, but it is tough to detect the slab leak. Diagnosing and fixing slab leaks can’t be possible until you have hired the right slab leak repair company in San Diego
The slab leaks can cause multiple problems if they are left untreated for a long time. Even the smallest leak can make the situation worse over time. The leaks inside the home can damage the structure of your home by leading to the growth of mold. Detecting and overcoming the slab leak is the most difficult thing until you don’t connect with concrete slab leak repair professionals in San Diego.
A slab leak is concealed under the foundation of a building. Thus, the leaks are not difficult to find and repair if you deal with the right slab leak detection company in San Diego. Because the leak happens under your home’s foundation, it has lots of possibilities to damage the structure. But wait! In this article, we will share the most basic signs of a slab leak and what consequences you might go through if you neglect them.
How Common Are Slab Leaks & How Bad It Can Be?
Slab leaks are common in San Diego, where homes are older and mostly built on concrete foundations. Of course, it gives you the warning signs before they completely damage your aesthetics.
If you live in this area and notice wet flooring or carpets, mold growth, and a constant rise in the water bill/electricity bill, something fishy is happening behind you. Sometimes you might find dripping sounds of water even though all the faucets are closed inside the home, signifying a leakage in the slab.
At this time, you might be wondering if you can just ignore those signs, but you are going to take the wrong decision that will further make a hole in your pocket. It is always suggested to address a slab leak as soon as you suspect them. Slab leaks often lead to mold problems that ultimately affect your health. So, by considering your concern regarding your property here, we will share the causes of slab leakage.
The Major Causes Of Slab Leakage:
- Incorrect Building Foundation: As you learned earlier, slab leaks mostly happen in old homes. But have you gone through the leakage even if you built your home a few months back? If yes, this is because of the incorrect building foundation, and you need to consult with the concrete slab leak repair experts in San Diego quickly.
- Water Corrosion: When the water that flows inside the pipe is extremely hard or soft, it might cause corrosion. This situation can lead to pipe leakage and need instant help.
- Friction: Sometimes, leakage is caused due to high friction. At times, the hot water pipes shrink and expand due to the heat of the water running through them. This situation could cause more friction between the foundation slab and the water pipe.
- Natural Cause: Do you know that earthquakes can cause slab leaks? Apart from that, the soil erosion and underground waterways put some pressure on the pipe under the foundation. It ultimately disbalances the water force, making a hole in the pipe.
- Old-Constructed Home: Most slab leak issues occur due to the older homes with slab leaks. This is just because the old homes contain the older pipes that lead to causes of slab leaks. If you neglect these causes or signs of slab leaks, it might affect your budget and property.
As per the report, many people living in San Diego neglected the slab leak problems in their space, and as a result, they ended up with a huge loss. By considering the survey report here, we have decided to make you aware of the consequences that you may face in the upcoming days if you ignore them.
Consequences You May Face If You Neglect The Slab Leaks
- High Water Bills: You will see a constant rise in the water/electric bills when you leave the slab leak issues untreated. If your water bill is drastically raised in the last few days, there is a leakage under/above the ground that needs instant help.
- Swelling: When your sewer line is leaking, it is more difficult to spot the leak. It is tough to visualize that, and this is how it causes damage to the foundation. When this situation is left unnoticed, you will see the water spots or damp areas on your floor or experience the dripping sounds of water.
- Health Issues: When the condition of the slab leaks worse, it can cause mold and unwanted odor. Are you living in a similar space? If you are, you have many chances of getting affected by breathing issues. It affects mostly toddlers and older age people. It leads to the growth of mold that brings respiratory problems.
- A Space Filled With Water: Do you want to experience a space filled with lots of water? If you don’t want to experience a flood-like situation at your home, it is suggested to consult with the slab leak repair professionals in San Diego. If the slab leaks are undetected for a long time, the water can seep through the foundation. This situation can damage the landscape and all of your household belongings.
- Damage Furniture Items: A lot of water clogs or mold can damage the furniture items or cabinetry. The water clogs damage the flooring condition and bring financial damage.
- Environmental Damage: As a responsible person, you should be careful about the environment. Due to the population boom and continuous unavailability of water reserves, the government took serious steps. So, be sure that you have maintained all the rules and regulations during the process of recovery.
- Damage To Structure Of The Building: If the slab leak remains undetected for a long time, it will surely damage the structure of the building. Well, maximum insurance policies don’t give coverage for such damages. So, by letting these signs go, you are only harming yourself.
Owing to the above-mentioned risks, it is essential to make adequate slab leak detection efforts. Get a slab leak detection service from EZ Plumbing USA in San Diego who will help you in this regard. With the right plumbing company, you can make all the positive possibilities. After considering these slab leaks’ consequences, we are sure that you will never take any chances by neglecting the initial signs of leakage.
How Much Slab Leak Repair Costs?
Do you have the damaged slab leak issues, and are you confused about where to ask for recovery? Don’t worry; many plumbing companies in San Diego offer the largest plumbing services. It will be tough for you to find a professional and trustworthy concrete slab leak repair services in San Diego among them, especially if you are a beginner.
So, you need to do good research regarding the company and its service quality before deciding. Apart from that, you should also check how much it costs to repair the slab leaks. When it comes to the cost of repairing, it varies depending upon the type of pipe damage and whether you need a replacement of the new pipe.
The slab leak repair can be done in several different ways. Do you want to meet with the professional slab leak detection company in San Diego? Hire the experts from EZ Plumbing USA, which is trustworthy and has the most talented plumbers on its team. Once you meet with them, they will give the best advice to you about how to fix your slab leak issues. Hire professional experts today if you don’t want further damage to your property.